TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENROLLMENT
- As per the enrollment form signed at the start of engagement of driving lessons:
- I will ensure that I carry my learners permit with me on every lesson.
- I will obey all traffic regulations and laws of the state whilst participating in training
- I agree to pay for each lesson when I attend unless otherwise arranged with my instructor
- I understand that under privacy legislation my instructor is not able to offer information about my lessons to another person unless agreed by myself
- I will ensure that I am prompt to arrive or be picked up for my lessons; if I am late, the lesson starts late it will finish at allotted time and I will be charged the full lesson fee.
- I understand that if I am unable to attend a pre-booked lesson that I am required to give 24 hours notice, otherwise a 50 % cancellation fee will apply
- I agree to pay for the excess on Streetwise Driver Training’s insurance if I am at fault in causing an accident
- I will attend all lessons without being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, I understand that under such circumstances my lesson may be terminated by my instructor and a full lesson fee will be charged.
- For our Driving Test Booking Cancellation Policy and our Full Terms and Conditions please refer to our website streetwisedriving.com.au which includes min 48 hr cancellation notice and a $10 admin fee for any adjustments to test booking.
- Saturday test bookings require a minimum of 7 business days notice for cancellations or the $75 booking fee cannot be refunded, as per Qld Transport conditions.
- NB: All instructors are covered under Streetwise Driver Training Vehicle and Public Liability Insurance
- If an instructor is using a client’s vehicle it is expected all appropriate insurances will cover the use of the vehicle.
- I give Streetwise Driver Training permission to use photography/video of me passing my test for marketing purposes only on the company website, Instagram or Facebook.
RESCHEDULING, NO-SHOW AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Here at Streetwise Driver Training Gold Coast and South Brisbane, we understand that sometimes you may need to reschedule or maybe cancel a driving lesson due to unforeseen circumstances like illness.
Please read Streetwise’s lesson rescheduling, cancellation and change policy before booking your next appointment.
Streetwise Driver Training pride ourselves on our prompt, on-time and high quality service. We make every effort to schedule our appointments with the student’s requirements for time and pick up location as priority. We can be flexible about pick up addresses, if given notice of any changes ahead of time. Also, depending on travelling distances between lessons, that are already scheduled prior to, or after your lesson. Please note that if you change your pick up address at the last minute whilst the instructor on route to you, this may eat into your driving lesson time as it may change our travelling time to you. So please extend us the courtesy of letting us know as soon as you can, prior to your appointment time.
We also understand that on occasion you may be ill or have unforeseen circumstances outside of your control in which you may need to reschedule your driving lesson appointments. Outside of this we require a minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel or move your driving lessons. If you advise Streetwise Driver Training of cancellations or rescheduling of lessons within the 24 hour period, or simply do not turn up to a scheduled lesson, Streetwise Driver Training reserve the right to charge a 50% cancellation fee for such cancellations and changes.
Sunday driving lessons: As the office is not open to take cancellations, 48 hours notice is required to move or cancel Sunday lessons, no later that the Friday prior. Given the office isn’t open on Sundays we simply cannot fill your space without such notice. Prepaid lessons will be forfeited.
Please remember this is how our instructors and staff earn a living, we definitely take our jobs to teach you to drive as seriously as you want to learn to drive! We trust that you will value the time that we arrange as per you prior approval (including our follow up courtesy confirmation messages 24hrs prior to you original booking). Please recognise that if you cancel with short notice to take an extra shift at work, because you’re tired or can not be bothered or as often as we hear, you can’t afford it, please extend the courtesy of planning your schedule with us in mind! Being a popular local driving school our days are busy, so scheduling can be tight to fit around you. We work extra hours to fit students in, this is our choice given our passion to teach you to the best of yours and our ability! But like everyone, we don’t appreciate being messed around.
Regarding cancellation or changing of driving tests, you are required to advise Streetwise Driver Training at least 48 hours prior to your driving tests and lesson booking time. If you do not or, if you forget to bring appropriate paperwork or your licence you will forfeit 100% of the test package. Driving tests cannot be rescheduled within 48 hours notice and you will lose your driving test booking fee. Basically, you’re about to be a responsible solo driver, treat your lessons and driving test with the same respect that you would show other road users.
Any driving tests that are changed, moved or cancelled do require our administration team to go to some effort to do this on your behalf, we therefore charge a $10 administration fee on any test booking changes that you may request.
What is the cancellation procedure for our Gold Coast Traffic Offender Intervention – Safe Driving Behaviours Course?
The procedure for our Gold Coast Traffic Offender Intervention – Safe Driving Behaviours training is different to Learner driving lesson cancellation procedures (shown above).
Students who cancel within 7 days or during the commencement of the training must notify Streetwise in writing at their earliest opportunity if consideration for a fee reimbursement is required. Once Streetwise have been notified in writing, a refund for the components of the training NOT commenced will be arranged. Streetwise Driver Training are entitled to retain fees for any components of the training already conducted and an administrative fee for all materials and administration conducted to the point of cancellation.
For other training not stated above that you have booked for, 7 days written notice prior to training is required, otherwise 50% of the course fee is retained or payable.
We appreciate your understanding 🙂